“R” designation = the turbo wastegate crack pressure must be adjusted for higher boost (see our video on how to do this here)
“W” designation = a replacement wastegate actuator is included with the tune
“i” designation = big injector tune and includes flow matched injectors
New – “X” designation = EXTREME power and is the maximum that can be achieved with the stock turbocharger
The OEM stock 18-19 Can Am X3-R tune produces 14 lbs of boost. EVP Tunes have the below boost and octane ratings. See dyno charts in the photo gallery for horsepower ratings of each tune vs stock
- Stage 1 – 16 lbs of boost for stock exhaust – 91 Octane
- Stage 2R- 17 lbs of boost for stock muffler with Race Bypass – 91 Octane Stage
- Stage 3R- 17 lbs of boost for full exhaust – 91 Octane
- New -Stage 3R-93 – 18 lbs of boost for full exhaust – 93 Octane
- Stage 3Ri- 17.5 lbs of boost for full exhaust – 91 Octane
- Stage 3RWi- 18 lbs of boost, full exhaust – 93 Octane
- Stage 4RWi- 20 lbs of boost, full exhaust – 95 Octane
- New – “Vmap” Multi Map Stage 4RWi-MM – 20 lbs of boost on Sport mode and 15 lbs of boost on Eco mode – 95/91 Octane
- New – Stage 4RWi-X100 -22 lbs of boost, full exhaust – 100 Octane – See updated dyno chart in product photos!
- Stage 5RWi– 20 lbs of boost, full exhaust – E85 New
- New – Stage 5RWi-X85 – 22 lbs of boost, full exhaust – E85 – See updated dyno chart in product photos!
NEW – Factory ECU integrated 2 Step Launch Control Option!
2018-2019 X3 ECU Programming by EVP: The development for these tunes consisted of 2000+ dyno runs in our state of the art, climate controlled dyno room. They were then field testing on the trails, desert, dunes and high altitude for driveability and long term durability. We endured 110+ degree California weather to ensure performance at extreme temperatures. After the rigorous field testing routing was completed, they were further proven and refined on the track with our sponsored driver race program. Evolution Powersports works with top racers in the industry such Marc Burnett, Dustin Jones, Kyle Chaney, Tim Farr, Lonestar, Elliot Burns, Casey Scherer and others. 6 out of the top 10 drivers in the Lucas Oil Midwest series used EVP tunes & products to help get them to the podium. EVP programming and products are also used by top drivers in GNCC, BITD and SCORE race series with countless podiums. We are confident our tunes are the most powerful, refined and safest tunes on the market. Also, EVP owns 6 development Can AM X3’s. This allows us to do parallel development on stock turbo, consumer tunes while engineering next level products and tunes.
Integrated 2 Step Launch Control Option:
Evolution Powersports has developed an industry’s first Integrated Launch Control (ILC) for the 2017-2019 Maverick X3 utilizing the OEM ECU (Coming soon for the 2020). For those who are unfamiliar with launch control – the purpose is to allow the engine to build a substantial amount of boost pressure from a standstill without engaging the belt. In racing situations, this provides an incredible advantage over vehicles not equipped with this feature. Generally, it provides about a 1-2 car length lead from the holeshot vs a non-launch equipped vehicle. This upgrade has been in development and tested for over 2 years, and we are proud to introduce it to the public.
To engage ILC, the vehicle must be below 5 MPH, the brake pedal applied and accelerator pedal past 50% throttle. With these 3 inputs, the logic in the OEM ECU automatically enables a 2500 RPM rev limit, retards the ignition and adds fuel to generate boost pressure. The engine will begin to pop and bang while producing up to 8 PSI of boost pressure within about 3 seconds. As soon as the brake pedal is released, the vehicle launches like being shot out of a cannon as the vehicle makes its way to the finish line!
Evolution Powersports is committed to developing innovative and industry leading products and tuning solutions for the UTV market. Our desire to lead and never follow is evident with our launch control integration into the factory ECU. We continue to push the performance envelope and provide products that dominate in the sand, dirt and on the racetrack.
This software upgrade is only available for EVP tunes and is not compatible with any other tuning companies ECU flashes. EVP ILC tunes combined with EVP Shift-Tek clutch kits are designed to work together for ultimate performance. Shift-Tek is EVP’s advanced clutching packages with weights, custom springs and helixes which will be launched Mid October 2019.
- Revised intercooler fan settings – makes the OEM intercooler far more effective!
- Left foot braking enabled for 2 foot operation
- Improved boost response / low to midrange power improvements
- Launch button for drag racing available – Our on/off switch replaces the OEM override switch which allows Launch Start from a standstill and prevents “low gear” mode. This allows operation of the gas pedal and brake pedal at the same time from a standstill to launch the car HARD!
- Speed limits raised / TQ limits removed in Low & High Gear
- Low & High Gear rev limit increased from 8300 to 9000 RPMS
- V-Max Raised
- Improved throttle response in all modes (E-Gas Settings Improved) – Linear throttle rather than the lazy pedal the factory has programmed
- Fans set to activate at 165 degrees
- Race Start – No need to press the brake to start vehicle
- Fueling is corrected for the various stages so no fuel controllers are needed