The Maverick X3 Vent to Atmosphere Blow Off Valve (BOV) kit is now complete. High performance turbo systems require a BOV when running higher than stock boost pressures. The reason is turbochargers continue to force air into the charge tubes and intercooler even after you lift off the pedal (which closes the throttle). Pumping air against a closed throttle super heats the air in the charge tubes and is damaging to the turbocharger bearing system. Installing a BOV allows this pressure to be released upon the closing of the throttle which increases throttle response in on/off/on throttle conditions by venting the the hot compressed air.
The Maverick X3 required extensive testing of various EVP spec springs to get the right balance of responsiveness and performance. Our X3 Turbo blow off valve is CNC machined from a billet aluminum slug. After tolerances are verified, the piston and body are Teflon coated. Extreme temperature Viton sealing o-rings are used for long service life. Our BOV’s are designed specifically for offroad, small displacement engines and not adapted from larger road use vehicles. We are the only powersports company that designs BOV’s specifically for each vehicle. We even include a custom fitted filter with every kit to keep dirt and debris out of the BOV outlet ports!
- Requires the EVP silicone charge tube set with integrated BOV port
- Tested to 500+ horsepower
- Simple install, no drilling required.
- Billet aluminum, Teflon coated construction with high temperature Viton sealing rings
- Has the “Blow Off Valve” sound that turbo customers crave
- Includes a pre filter to keep dirt/sand out of the valve exhaust ports